Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bandiversary came and went....

Warning, depressive rant to follow.  

My one year bandiversary was on Saturday 10/6.  Considering that I was feeling crappy about myself and my lack of weight loss, I didn't feel the need to mark it at the time.  I'm still feeling that way, but also feel obliged to mark the day.  I have often regretted getting the surgery, and today is no different.  I still feel like I am on my own.  I know I need a fill, and maybe that will help.  Unfortunately I am still in a price battle with my surgeon's office.  It doesn't matter, because even with a fill I have to follow the rules and eat the right things, and that doesn't seem to be happening these days.  I went crazy after Chicago, don't ask me why.  I was exhausted, so I haven't exercised at all since I got home.  Even though I had lost .06 lb on the trip, I am sure I have gained that back and probably an additional 10 lbs since then, but I don't know for sure since I am afraid of the scale at the moment.  I keep gaining and losing the same 15-20 lbs every few weeks, which cannot be even remotely healthy.  I guess today is a new day.  I'll try to blog about my wonderful Chicago trip soon.

End of depressive rant.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you're feeling blue--hoping this will pass soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all been in this situation before. Hopefully a fill will help and kick start your losses again, but know this will pass and always vent away here on the blogs. We've been there and understand completely! Chicago did a number on the scale for me too...It just made me even more positive I need to get back to the guy and get back into butt kicking mode. We can all do it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are in a rough patch right now. We all go through them. Keep your chin up and start small. If a fill isn't an option right now... then make a small goal to fix one thing and go from there. Either work in that exercise, or work on your food. Once you start, the momentum will build. Hang in there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been going up down with the same 10 pounds since summer...it sucks. I made an appointment this morning to go to the doctor on Friday. Make an appointment...I don;t want you sitting around feeling icky about yourself. I love you....big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh Beth...I am so sorry. I don't know what to say. Is there anyway you can work in walking...you got in so much walking in Chicago that it really counter-acted whatever you ate. I don't think exercise is the key but it sure helps when you can't eat the best. This last fill was like heaven to me. It finally took me to a place where I was not thinking about food and I was able to make better choices and control my hunger. Are there any other doctors you could shop around fill prices with? Good luck and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dealing with the same 10 or so lbs as well for months now so i know where you are coming from and I feel your pain. I also know around my 1 year mark is really when I started hitting some strong plateaus and had to find some other things to do to get the weight loss going (and then I got pregnant.. go figure!). If a fill isn't in the cards, I agree with Lori - work on fixing one thing and hitting a small goal and then go from there. You've got this girl!

    I miss you and your smiley face!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy, I feel your pain, I've been losing and gaining since losing my band. I hope to get my revision soon, but with out the help of insurance it is so tough to get the $$ together. If there is anything I can do to support you let me know, just don't be too hard on yourself. You can do this (so can I)! xoxoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lady! Thinking of you these days and hoping you are doing well. I'm hoping you would be up for a trip to Vegas for a girls weekend next fall... ?? I'll message you on FB :)

    ReplyDelete